Tuesday, February 19, 2013

What a day.....

Today is one of THOSE DAYS!  It all started out with the baby taking an earlier nap than usual.  I took the dog out thinking I’d get to enjoy the sunshiney day and it was cold and windy out.  I grew up in a very cold place (comparable to Siberia, seriously) but something about the humidity here makes it feel really cold when the wind blows.  It doesn’t take much wind for me to decide it’s too cold to be outside.  I came inside and started to work on hemming some curtains we bought this weekend.  The baby’s room gets really bright during the day and we need to darken it so she can sleep.  I mean, she can sleep in our bed when it’s bright outside but her room needs to be dark, go figure!  We bought some cheap curtains at IKEA to put behind the ones we currently have so they needed to be hemmed.  The former tenants were kind enough to leave the curtains (and lights, wardrobes, etc.) for us but they had not hemmed them.  I think I had to take them up 9 inches….they were just laying on the floor (this is really one of my pet peeves).  So off I go to hem these curtains.  I measured them, pinned them, and had just put the foot down on my sewing machine when the baby woke up.  And she woke up grumpy (oh joy!) because she hadn’t napped long enough.  But there was no getting her back down for a nap.  Later on in the day I found myself measuring the next curtain to be hemmed on the kitchen table.  The baby was rolling around in her walker (best invention ever…until they figure out they can really go exploring and get into everything) and rolled over my toes a few times in the process.  As I went to sew the curtains, she kept trying to pull my chair out from under me.  We should’ve bought the chair without wheels.  Later on in the day, the baby decided to spit up/throw up in our bed so I had to change the sheets.  After changing sheets, we had to change diapers.  In the process of checking if she was wet (with cloth diapers, you have to stick a finger in to check), I got a fantastic surprise on my finger.  Shouldn’t have fed baby a prune.  I mean, it takes one stupid prune and it looks like a war zone in her diaper!  So there I was rinsing the diaper in the toilet, gagging a little (which is bad if you’re mommy and gagging), and I hear a noise in the shower.  I turn around and find the dog was sleeping in the shower on the tile floor.  Apparently he got sick of the baby chasing him around the house so he found the only quiet place in the house. 

For dinner we had homemade buttermilk pancakes and bacon.  Ohhhh bacon….and it’s so good here!  At least the day ended on a good note J

No comments:

Post a Comment